Friday, June 21, 2013

MY SON GOES TO MUSEUM

     My son is going to a museum today  It shouldn't be a big deal, right? I lived a pretty cultured life before, museums and theaters and opera had a prominent place in my life. After coming to the U.S. and switching my focus to a more spiritual plain, I didn't have much time for the former pursuits. To tell the truth, for a long time I didn't even give it a thought. My children grew up reading a lot and having a, somewhat, artsy mindset, but without substance. 
     I heard that when some Christian explorers, whose primary goal was the spreading of their faith, when settled in the New World, forgot all about proselytizing while trying to keep themselves and their families alive. They even forgot about teaching their children to read, or to read Bible. After the first generation was gone, the descendants were left with just the vestiges of their past. 
     Perhaps, I'm just feeling paranoid today. My daughter studies art, my son took an Art History course for the summer (that's why he is going to the museum). Maybe, I did leave them something that they can develop at their own pace and pass to their own children. I fervently hope so!


E-mail for comments: dinatoyoda@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment