Wednesday, June 5, 2013

LUDOVICO EINAUDI!


For an encore Ludovico Einaudi played beautifuly. The audience went wild with applause and asked for more. The band  then struck something so over the top boisterous that I just wished to be out of there! 
I walked across the street to wait for Taka with the car. Before I made a final step unto a curb, I heard an ambulance siren. I heard something else too: a howl! Unbelieving, I turned to look. A large German Shepherd  stuck his head out of a car's window and sang in sympathy with a siren. A little Boston Terrier walking the street on a leash, lifted his head to the sky and howled too. A man in a sleeveless undershirt sat in the doorway of a hot pizzeria, waving a newspaper in front of his face. The scratchy, loud sounds of an old Polish song drifted over the dirty street, the crowds and the beggars. It rounded the edges and made everything OK. The music didn't stay in the theater, in one form or another it followed me around, and my life would be so much poorer without it.




No comments:

Post a Comment