Tuesday, June 11, 2013

HAVE I EVER TOLD YOU? MY DOGS 7

 In more ways then one, our time in Russia was running out. The approach of our departure, though, broke my heart. Giving up Elf seemed absolutely impossible. I'm an idiot. A pet is just a pet, right? To me, adopting an animal means that we give it a hope that we'll be together always. Unfortunately, leaving Elf was not going to be a problem. 
He became sick. He bled and we didn't know what to do. The vets didn't help. We spent hundreds of rubles, but there was no hope. On the night when he died, Elf was laying on his "holy" blanket. We saw him fighting for breath and couldn’t do anything to help him. As I passed by him, he rose on shaking legs, still determined to follow me. We lost him soon after that.



E-mail fro comments: dinatoyoda@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment