Saturday, August 31, 2013

MOVIE CLUB AND THE AFTERMATH

     We just came back from the movie club meeting. Ahem... We were going to see The Spy Game. Fortunately or unfortunately, Doris was a whole hour late, and we first watched the Russian program with my relatives in it and then started the children't movie Up. Like by magic, Mary's 8 year old son and the Little Red Headed Monster and her brother (their mother brought them) appeared on the floor in front of the TV. I am ashamed to admit it, but I think, I enjoyed Up more than The Spy Game. When Doris came, the kids went to another room to continue watching Up
     The Spy Game has Robert Redford and Brad Pitt in it. In my opinion, that is the best thing I can say about that movie. It's too long and has too many flashbacks to things depressing and gruesome. It is a story about two CIA operatives, one - older (Redford) and one - younger (Pitt). The younger one gets tired of using people and losing people. He drops out of the game and attempts to rescue his girlfriend from a Chinese prison. They get caught. The CIA wants to disavow any involvement in that venture. They ask Robert Redford's character to help them, but he, instead, does everything he can to help his young colleague. 
     I fell asleep in the middle of the movie. I was awake for the ending of it, which took about forty five minutes. 
     Victoria didn't come. When I called her yesterday and before I even said anything, my scatterbrained friend started to apologize for missing the movie club meeting... yes, the meeting... last week! Upon my telling her that it is going to happen this Saturday, she began to apologize because she and her family are going to the Monterey Bay Aquarium this Labor Day weekend. It's OK, that meant more food for us!
     Like he promised, Mary's husband made California Roll sushi, I brought the Shepard's Pie and Sveta, Katya's mother, - a small cheesecake and strawberries. 
     The Little Red Headed Monster, otherwise known as Katya, managed to eat a couple of pounds of strawberries. It will make for an interesting ride home! 
     As Roberta and I arrived at our house, Dr. Park met us on the driveway. In a petulant tone, he told Roberta that she should not go anywhere next time, because she was too weak to stay out for so long (we were away for a few hours). "I worry about you, you know!" - he whined. Even now, for at least an hour, I hear that same rude, petulant tone from behind their closed door. The poor boy missed Roberta's undivided attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment