Monday, August 12, 2013

MUZAK

     The light muzak is drifting from the telephone receiver next to me on the couch. Time to time, a voice interrupts it to inform me: "Currently, there are twenty seven callers ahead of you!" When I started all this, there were thirty four callers ahead of me. Perhaps, in an hour, it will be my turn. 
     Well, at least, they let me know, what my progress is. I often call to different places that put me on hold for indefinite periods of time. A few years back, I had to call the computer company that sent us an inadequate computer. They made me hold for forty five minutes and then cut off the connection. It happened a couple of times. I was at my wits' end and never really got what I wanted. Some people who answered, were openly mocking my rage: "What are you going to do? You can't reach me! My supervisor doesn't care, what's happening at the phone center!" 
     Now, there are eighteen people ahead of me. Or, maybe, they are just messing with my head and any time I'll hear the 'click' of disconnecting or,even worse, the count will restart again, from the thirty four callers ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment