Thursday, August 15, 2013

THE BASICS

What? When? Why? How? Who? 
     The basics of any tale. 
     What?
     'What' is the beginning. No. 'Why' is. Why are we like that?  Why do we do the things we do? St. Paul said it in the Bible. He said something like: "The things I don't want to do I do, and the things that I want to do - I don't do." What the heck does it mean? 
     I feel so frustrated with myself: it's like I have a little worm in me, that eats up at my will power. I have high ideals and, most of the time, know, what the right thing to do is. But... it's a long way - from knowing to doing it. Why? The sin? Is it my own shortcoming or the result of the wrong kinds of behavior by many of my ancestors? 
     'What'?
     Yes, what? It's easy to decide, what I should do. It's very easy to make a mistake and decide that you know, what the right things for the others are, and the more we are sure, the more it is possible to lead someone or even a whole nation astray. 
     'Who'?
The human history is tens of thousands years old, although, some think that it all began less than 6,000 years ago. 6,000 years, and we still are barbarians, when it comes to the way we treat the fellow human beings and our blue planet. We are pack animals. We need the leaders, who will show us the way out of this mess. Who are they? My experience is that we are able to sort things out in spite of our leaders, no matter how devoted we are to out beliefs. Who will, finally, make that 100% commitment and be prepared not only to give their lives for the betterment of the world but will also sacrifice their egos, if necessary, to achieve the peace, the justice, the well being for the people of this Earth? Many have tried, not many have managed to do it.
     'How'?
     Maybe, there isn't just one way. It seems that, like I said, the more sure we are that ours is the only true way, the more assured is our failure. Perhaps, we should combine our efforts and trust each other enough to work together. We can be loving as Christians, devoted as Muslims and Jews, reverent as the Buddhists, and open-minded as the New Agers! 
     'When'? Now. There is no time to waste. Now! Now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment