Sunday, September 8, 2013

A RECIPE FOR CHARLOTTE

     So, so, so, the recipe for the Charlotte. Do you really want to know it? Since I have nothing of value to share with you yet today, I will give it now.
     Charlotte is something between an apple pie and a cake with apples. I found two ways to make it. 
     Beat three eggs with one cup of sugar until it becomes lightly foamy. Add one cup of flour and 3.5 oz. of soft butter (100 grams). Mix together. You can add one teaspoon of baking soda and half a teaspoon of vinegar. If you do, the cake will be softer. You don't have to do it. I like it a little more solid. 
     Peel and cut 3 apples. I like to have bigger chunks of apple, not baked very soft. If you cut apple into thinner slices, they will cook more. It's up to you! Sometimes, when I don't have enough apples, I put banana or two. It makes cake sweeter. I also like to put some cranberries in, especially, during the winter season, for a Christmassy look and vitamin C.
     Put some butter into a baking dish. Mine is about 30 cm by 20 cm. In inches? OK, internet-the-all-knowing, show it to us in inches! 11.8 x 7.9 in. In other words, it should be about that big. Spread apples on the bottom and pour the batter in evenly. It may not look like enough batter, but don't worry, in the end it'll be just right. Bake at 350degrees F, or 177 C, for 30-40 minutes. 
     You may put some powdered sugar on top, when the cake cools down, or not.
      Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment