Monday, September 16, 2013

HARASSMENT!

     Doctor called:
- "Is this Roberta?" 
- "No, this is her caretaker."
- "Can I talk to Roberta, please?"
     Well, at least he said, please. I went to Roberta's room and handed her the phone, even though the troll Park extended his hand to take it. In a few minutes, he came out of the room and said: "She.. she wants to talk to you!" I went in. Roberta was sitting on the bed. She told me that the doctor thought that she has a compound fracture of the spine. Of course, she didn't think to ask if it could get better, and what her prognosis would be. Usually it's my job, but now her doctor doesn't want to talk to me. 
     I asked if she had a chance to  ask for an authorization to see an orthopedic surgeon. Nope. She began saying that she didn't want to leave my house. The troll Park doesn't have anything to offer her. No money, no car, no apartment. He wants to take her to L.A. to his sister to take care of her. The sister doesn't even speak English. The two of them are going to eat Roberta alive. She wanted to stay with me. At least, that's what she told me. I told her that, I was happy that she felt that way, but she had to talk to her doctor and set things right. I can't go there and have his office think that I am a crooked caretaker. I also told her that I don't want the troll Park cooking or cleaning for us. He can do it for the two of them until he leaves. She assured me that she will talk to the doctor and Park.
     I started to make curry. The troll Park came out again, and I used that opportunity to tell him that he doesn't need to cook or clean for us anymore. Before I could continue to say that he can do it for Roberta and himself, he started to yell that he just wanted to feed her now. I calmly asked him to speak politely. No surprise there: he didn't. At the end, I said with sarcasm: "Bye, bye!" I am not perfect, you see. Troll Park began to yell: "Harassment!" He was screaming at me for no reason, and I was the one accused of harassment!
     It turned out that we didn't have enough curry paste. I told Sonny to meet me in the car to go buy curry. As I was sitting in the car, I heard the troll Park talking on the phone in their bathroom. The fact that he didn't want Roberta to hear him, made me suspect that he was up to something slimy. I thought that I heard him say in English: "Please, we need it right away!" As I went driving, I kept thinking: what if he called some agency and lied to them about me? What if I come home and the police will be there? What if they believe the "poor old man" and arrest me? That was the longest shopping trip that I ever took! Fortunately, everything was fine when we came back. Imagine if it wasn't! Imagine if the police took me in front of Sonny! I want the troll out of the house. He will find how to spoil my life, but, at least, I won'r have to be nervous every minute of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment