Wednesday, October 30, 2013

ANGST

     The Unification Church magazine (UCmag) is going to print a compilation of my stories. I don't know if that's what it will be, since they took some of every piece that I wrote about my family, cut it to a minute size and combined it to vaguely look like one story. I am not very happy with the form it took, but, I think, I'll settle for it. It's better to be published than not, isn't it? Isn't it? 
     To tell the truth, I lack the confidence that I will ever write anything of value. It's stupid, I know, since I did not write to be judged for my writing abilities or to be published. I wrote only to get my memories of what my parents told me about our family and my own experiences - out of my head and into the open, where I and anybody who cares to do so, can look at them and take what they want and leave the rest.
     What then should I do? I will do what I already decided: let the UCmag publish my stories as they wish, and hope that someone else will become interested in them and treat them with more respect. In the meantime, I will look for inspiration and other things to put to paper. How about that? 
1393780_10151964642082558_1673926808_n.jpg (960×720)

Photo by David Oran Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment