Friday, October 18, 2013

DINA-LLAMA



     No, not that kind of llama. I am a Dina-Llama. What? Yes, there is a Dali Llama and now there is also a Dina-Llama. The idea (not mine, unfortunately, but Mr. P's, my therapist's) is that I can say my NOs just as nicely as my YESes. It means that I will meet the challenges that the world - and some specific people in it - present with the apples in my cheeks (it means the smile dimples) and a nice attitude. I will work on not going into my default mode of a "dog of the female persuasion", otherwise known as a b...., , but on eliciting cooperation from others. 
     That doesn't mean that I will be a doormat. Mr. P's other favorite quote is: "If you don't want to be a doormat, get up from the floor!" Easier said than done, I know. But with my newly found and inspired Llama attitude, I will not try to change people in my life, especially, the male people, but rather be a proponent of change and a beneficial person for the world. Sounds good for you? To tell the truth, I am scared stiff. I'll try not to spit as a llama, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment