Friday, October 25, 2013

ACCOMPLISHMENTS?


 Well, so far, I can't brag about my accomplishments. I didn't go on Weight management Program because it's better to do it next year, when we will get a tax break from spending all that money on medicine. I cancelled the pool outing with Mary yesterday and a session with Mr. P today because... There weren't any really compelling reasons to do it. I just had to juggle a few other things that I needed to do. It was possible to arrange everything, but my inner sleeper turned to the wall and announced: "I'm not going to think about it today. I'll think about it tomorrow!" That is a quote form Miss Scarlett O'Hara that I so often find myself mentally using to subvert my own efforts for good living. 
     Is it enough to be a Dina-Llama if my health and my life are falling apart? I myself wouldn't trust a person who encourages others and can't master will power to take care of oneself. On the other hand, what's that that Mr. P teaches me to remember? "Condemning my imperfections can never enhance my appreciation of life or help me love myself more." 
     I will do it! I will do it!






No comments:

Post a Comment