Wednesday, October 2, 2013

PEACE AND PAIN

     The house is quiet. Sonny went to school, Park and Roberta are in their room. At first I heard him whining about something, then it stopped. I'm at peace and in pain. 
     It started again: first the stiffness and then sharp pain in my ankle. I was desperate, the thought of being inactive and disabled for another few weeks terrified me. I wrote to my doctor at Kaiser. It took me some effort to convince her that I am very distraught about the new onset of tendinitis. She wrote: "I can give you the medicine for pain and an anti-inflammatory." And then an automated message came from Kaiser: "I will be out of the office until the third of October." That means that I have to wait for her for two days to prescribe those medications! 

No comments:

Post a Comment