Saturday, October 12, 2013

MOI - IN THE WATER


     Mary and I went to the pool today. To say that I was reluctant to do it would be an understatement! Both of us need a way to exercise that would be easy on our legs. I think, I don't appreciate enough that Mary wants to do these things, like swimming or starting the weight management program with me. It's so much easier to do them together. I just need to catch Mary's enthusiasm, that's all!
     Once I got over my embarrassment of being the roundest person there (with the exception of Mary, of course), we had a grand time, just walking along the rope that separates the pool lanes. I had to hold on to it, because the water was a little too deep for me there and I was in danger of being swept away by the waves from all the kids' playing and splashing. Walking in water is tricky since although it bouys, it also provides resistance for the body, especially, a large body (ahem). Mary and I talked, walked and laughed for about an hour, and then headed to the showers. The chlorine content there is amazing! Getting dressed while still wet is an exercise in itself.
After the pool we went for a drink. I had a great time, enjoying my friend's company. Isn't it what life is all about?





No, this is not me in  the water. I just wanted to show you how I felt at first, before getting over myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment