Thursday, November 7, 2013

KEEP AND TOUCH

     "No, you shouldn't go!" The words left Park's mouth before he could even think about it. 
00825-talking-speaking-mouth.jpg (311×311)It was enough for him that Roberta wanted to spend time somewhere without him. Yesterday, he was with Patrick S. most of the day. No one raised any objections. "You look tired, may be - sick!"
     "Why not?" - said Roberta. My nagging her about standing up to Park began to pay off. At that moment I finished taking her blood pressure. It was perfect. "At least I will have something to do, and help the church!" 
     I told her earlier that I might go and do some computer work at the church office and invited her to come with me. It turned out, though, that we couldn't do the data entry today. Roberta decided then that we will go to see her buddies at a convalescent home where she used to be. jpeg (122×92)
We piled into a van, brought Sonny to the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) and set off to buy candy to bring to people at the convalescent home. 
     As you might imagine, buying chocolates was not an unpleasant experience! We even got a free candy for each of us!
                                                618autumnfancy.jpg (216×216)
     As Roberta walked into the home's door, I turned on my Kindle and prepared to wait. Last night I fell asleep in front of the TV. When I woke up, I began to make Taka's lunch. He can't eat sandwiches these couple of months because of dental problem, so I made him some mashed potatoes and soft meat. I had no idea, but it was already almost 3 o'clock in the morning! 
     Taka didn't leave his lunch box at the sink, so I had to wake up and get up with him at 5:30 and put his lunch together then. No wonder, I was so worn out the following day!
 jpeg (118×104)

     As Roberta was having a good time with her friends, I kept nodding off in the car. When she returned, we went for a cup of coffee to Starbucks. jpeg (151×151)I left my phone in the van, though, where it fell on the floor. 

     About an hour later we were almost approaching the house, when my phone began top ring. jpeg (77×90)I told Roberta to leave it alone, I could check it at the house, but she still bent over in her seat and fished it out. 
     It was a good thing that she did: Sonny was letting me know that he was coming home. I changed the direction in which I was driving (somewhere, there is a driver who was behind me, getting help from a mental health professional because of the drivers like me!). jpeg (160×90)
I picked up Sonny and came home.
     Park's car wasn't there, but we found an irate note from him. It berated Roberta and me for not answering our phones and let us know that Park decided to go and spend a couple of days at his relatives' reunion in San Jose (a city about 40 minutes away from here). The note ended with the words: "Keep and touch with your phone, I'll be back soon!" I just assume that he meant: Keep in touch by the phone.

Hurrah, we are safe!
                                                           1252-74742.jpg (230×197)

No comments:

Post a Comment