Saturday, July 12, 2014

LOTS OF DRIVING, WHILE I STILL CAN DO IT

My day in pictures. 
jpeg (259×194)     As I was barreling down the freeway yesterday, my car started to shake. Even when I reduced speed to 40 miles an hour, the shaking persisted. After checking tire pressure at the gas station (I tried to enlist some men's help with that, but none of them were willing to help me. I guess, if I was a svelte blonde, they'd be falling over themselves to figure out my car's problem. They'd probably, be willing to pay for new tires, - if I was a svelte blonde!).
     A visit to a car repair shop revealed that my tires have had it! They've taken enough punishment from the bumpy pavements, wrong alignment and Sonny riding the brake, and now they were bald and had bulges in them. In other words, they were about to blow up. It was so lucky that, I didn't go to Muir Woods with my family yesterday, and as the result of that, they drove in Honda. Just imagine: winding roads, high speed (Taka driving), then - BAM!~!!! At the least, it would take them half a day to tow the van and change tires in some tiny town. I don't even want to think, what else could've happened...
     So, today we went to my old tire store. Roberta jumped on the chance to get out of the house, and assured me that she would be able to wait in the store and wait for me, as I go to an appointment with Mr. P.



                                                         
                                                                             Here is Roberta, playing Solitaire on her Kindle on old
                                                               chairs at Big O Tires.
 

Do you know, how much tires cost these days? $700.00! Ouch! If you think, I could've paid less somewhere else, please leave me a comment! After I agreed to pay $700.00 (ouch!), the guy told me that my brakes were paper-thin and the engine mount broken. Why do I have a feeling that, they must've seen me coming?!
I made it to Mr. P.'s appointment with 5 minutes to spare. Roberta waited in the car, since there was no time to drive her to a cafe, as we planned in the morning.
We talked, mostly, about the kids. Mr. P. gave me advice on how to discipline them. An interesting thing is, by disciplining them, I also can discipline myself!
He brought up Hebrews 12, an epistle written by Paul, especially, some verses:
"Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh who have corrected us and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in  subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?.. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; and make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed."
Paul, in other words, talks about the necessity for discipline, most of all by our Heavenly Father, and how that will make us whole.
As we talked, a 
beige Persian cat, Precious, made her way snorting and sneezing to us over the canary yellow carpet. She suffers from constant nasal congestion, and limps too. She dotes on MR. P., and he jokes that she is his girlfriend.

Here she looks like a hairy blob; Hanah even thought that it was a photo of a sloth, because Precious refused to lift her pretty flat face for the picture.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment