Wednesday, December 17, 2014

WHERE WAS I GOING?

images (259×194)     A l-o-o-o-o-n-g, l-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-g line in the Kaiser Pharmacy today. Sick people have to, actually, stand in two lines in order to get their medication. Another way to do it, which would let the patients avoid getting sicker and more tired in lines, would be letting them take a number and call them to the counter one by one. Kaiser even does that in some of it's departments! If I can think of that, why can't they?
     A l-o-o-o-o-o-n-g, l-o-o-o-o-o-o-n-g line. Then: "I am sorry, we don't have this medication in stock. We can get it ... by tomorrow..." They don't have a totally ordinary antibiotic in stock! The doctor scolded me today for waiting too long to see her. That means, I need the meds as soon as possible, right? Now I will have to drive back to the blasted Kaiser tomorrow.
     Lately, I feel like someone beat me with a stick each day, I'm so tired and run down. I almost didn't make it to the appointment today. Fortunately, Roberta, showing uncharacteristic gumption, pushed me to get into the car (with her) and drive.
images (259×194)
     Our plan was to go to buy a honey baked ham for Christmas dinner after visiting the doctor. I spent about half an hour trying to see the non-existent numbers on the buildings and doing U-turns, until I got dizzy. At one of the stoplights Roberta rolled down her window and timidly called to a lady in a truck next to us.
     - "Excuse me, do you know, where the Honey Baked Ham store is?"
     I thought to myself: "Who in the world would know that?" - but the lady instantaneously responded: "Its right there, bla, bla, bla, at the next intersection!" I trusted Roberta to notice, where the lady was pointing, but by the time we arrived at the "next intersection", she already forgot everything. So, she rolled down her window and asked another lady in a truck, where the store was. That one also knew it and explained, how to get to it. Does everyone in that city buy honey baked ham?

    tumblr_m2vaof56O31ro2qi2.gif (500×214)

No comments:

Post a Comment