I sank deeper into sleep. It was about two in the morning, and I finally made it to the bedroom. Quiet.
- "I think, Roberta is calling you!" - Taka's voice interrupted my pleasant slumber. I instantly went into the panic mode: threw off the blanket and rushed out the door... only to meet Roberta half way through the kitchen, which is between hers and our bedrooms.
- "Roberta, what are you doing?"
- "Nothing, just going back to sleep!" She was facing the wrong way, going away from where she was supposed to be.
I took her to her bed, helped to get in and snuggle under the blanket. Turned off the light,
Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep anymore. After tossing and turning from side to side, I gave up and decided to go, check my emails or watch some TV until I'll get sleepy again.
As I opened the bedroom door, Roberta stood there, just about to get into the tiny laundry room.
I always wanted my eyes to be bigger, but at this point they almost burst out of the eye sockets! I guess, my voice betrayed some of my fright and annoyance:
- "Roberta, what are you doing?!"
- "Nothing, If you must know, I have to go to bathroom!"
I hustled her into our bathroom and stood outside, panting from shock, while she took care of business. Then - back to her bedroom: nag, nag, tuck tuck - she was in her bed again, watching me warily. Lights off!
Needless to say, it was a few hours until I went to sleep. I lay down on the couch in the living room, so I could hear Roberta, if she ventured out of her room again.
In the morning she remembered nothing.