Tuesday, September 22, 2015

PERCHANCE, TO DREAM!

     Why should today be different?!
     Drama, drama, drama. 
     
Roberta is 82. She can still surprise me with a shrewd remark or being the one to point out the right direction, when I get lost driving. But in the last year she lost a lot of that sharpness of perception and ability to make good decisions.
     It becomes more apparent at night.
     She goes to bed much earlier than I. I, usually, get absorbed in watching TV or working on this blog (alright, alright, I also check out what Facebook people have to say or play online Scrabble!).
     It gives me a real jolt, therefore, to suddenly see Roberta appear at my elbow. Usually, there is some     interesting thing to follow!
     On most of those occasions she is only half aware of what she is doing. How else can you explain, for example, her coming to the living room, where Sonny or Taka can see her, dressed only in a blouse and panties? Most importantly, she forgets to take her cane or walker!
     Last night I again didn't anticipate her arrival. She went to sleep, but in an hour I saw her stumbling down the ramp into the living room, sans any means to help her keep balance!
     She plopped on the couch after handing me
images (200×180)something. I stupidly peered into my hand: it was a scab she tore off her injured forehead! The scab still sported the strips of adhesive paper, which are supposed to hold the wound together. In her sleep my charge, probably, scratched the whole thing off!
0d3.gif (480×320)
     Sometimes I feel during a crazy situation, my mind turns 180 degrees! I felt it again, as I gazed at the place on Roberta's forehead, where sides of a neat line of her wound began to part by a few millimeters without the adhesive strps holding them together. 
     It wasn't too bad. I stuck a large band aid with some Neosporin onto Roberta's head and sent her back to sleep. 
images (263×192)     By the morning she managed to lose it, so I used two smaller band aids instead. She also totally forgot her night adventure. We spent the whole morning laughing about it. 
What else is there to do?!


No comments:

Post a Comment