Sunday, May 19, 2013

THE CITIES : SACRAMENTO/SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA; ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA


 SACRAMENTO/SAN FRANCISCO, CAlifornia 
jpeg (162×122)

 When I worked at the theater, we ran a play by William Saroyan, "Hello, Out There". The young heroes of that play dream about and romanticize San Francisco. Ever since that I, myself, dreamed of and romanticized that city. So I fought tooth and nail to stay in Northern California. The rest of the team went on to Seattle, and I found out that we'll actually be staying not in San Fran but in Sacramento, the capital of California. I was there for just a few weeks before I left to visit my parents in New York.  



ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA 
jpeg (163×130)

My folks were heartbroken when I left them to join the Unification Church. It was not only that they couldn't relate to the whole "God" thing, but also they heard from all sides the negative and false information about my Movement. Before the church, I wouldn't have given much thought to what they were going through. The teaching of the Unification Movement, though, talks about God as a heartbroken parent of mankind, and I made a connection from that to my own parents.  
My mom worked as a housekeeper for a Jewish Orthodox family. When they found out that I was in a, so called, "cult", they made a little phone call to their friends from the Lubavitcher Movement. They are the Orthodox Jews who, among other things, believe that all the Jewish people have to belong to Judaism, otherwise, - the Messiah won't come
KVgb1330823.jpg (274×297)    They also kidnap and brainwash young Jews from other religions. I didn't know any of that.  
Usually, the deprogrammers charge a lot of money for kidnapping and making sure that a victim quits their chosen lifestyle. My parents didn't have any money. The Lubavitchers did them a favor, in other words.  
After a day or two at home, my parents told me that they want to look at another apartment. Their alleged Real Estate agent came and picked us up in a car. We drove for a long time, when, suddenly, he stopped, yelled at my mom and dad to get out and two other guys jumped in on both sides of me and put a gun to my back. I was terrified, but, honestly speaking, after they put on their Yarmulkes (little hats that Jewish men wear), at least I understood that they, probably, won't harm me. They drove me to a big building, a boys' school, as I found out later, and put me in a dirty, bare room with a bed, a table and a couple of chairs. They made sure to point out a young man with hefty muscles and a baseball bat who guarded the floor 
covergirluncom16.jpg (323×244)
Some people just attract trouble. I didn't know that I was one of them. Kidnapped? For a while I withdrew into myself, watching and praying. Someone always stayed and talked with me non-stop. Time to time a 'special guest speaker' would arrive, who specialized in 'exposing' the cults. The light was on 24/7, the talking as well. They didn't give me anything to eat, to tell the truth, I wasn't hungry. I don't think they were nasty or belligerent. Just being a target of such aggression was enough to give me nightmares for the rest of my life.  
On the third day I had enough. I told them that they convinced me, I'll leave the Unification Church. 
My captors asked me if I wanted to go live with my parents or to a seminar on Judaism in Minnesota. Knowing that I'd be under constant supervision in my parents' home, I chose the latter.  
If it wasn't for the bizarre methods that were applied to me, I would've probably really enjoyed the Jewish seminar. Unfortunately, the only thing on my mind was the escape. Because there were many people who had nothing to do with the Lubavitchers, there had to be public telephones. I contacted the local Unification Church center. I took my bag and hid it in the bushes outside. My documents and, for some reason, the toothbrush, were in my pocket. Just before it was time to leave, the staff of the seminar surrounded me and began to ask me to stay in the building. I understood why, when I still left and couldn't find my bag. They found it and knew I was escaping. Because of the outside people, they couldn't force me to stay. When the church car showed up, I jumped in and we drove through the night to another State.                                                                                    
                                                                       jpeg (250×120)


Copyright protected


No comments:

Post a Comment