Wednesday, October 5, 2016

ROBERTA AND THE REALITY

     A few illustrations to Roberta's mental situation:

Sonny and I were chatting in the living room. Suddenly Roberta's cheerful voice interrupted us:
- "I got my pants off!"
Before I managed to turn around, I saw the horror on Sonny' s face, as he covered it with his hands.
Sure enough, by the dining room table, smiling from ear to ear, stood Roberta. She wore a pretty green suit jacket, but no pants.

Some days later:

Me: "Roberta, do you know, what a misogynist is"?
Roberta (defiantly): "Of course I do!"
Me: "What does it mean then"?
Roberta: "Someone, who comes to give you a massage!

On the way to the doctor's office:

Me: "Roberta, what's the matter, why do you look so displeased?
Roberta (irate): "It's nothing."
Me: "You have to tell me, because I can't guess, what's bothering you!"
Roberta: "It's just that I remember, when you took me there once before. It looked like a junk yard. There were pipes everywhere and the artificial insemination equipment..."

Me: Speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment