Monday, October 6, 2014

THE RACE AND THE DISCIPLINE

     I looked at Mr. P. in embarrassment. For two weeks we talked about the ways for me to organize and improve my life, but, even though I gave it a thought and tried to find a template for a daily planner, I invariably switched my attention to something else and forgot all about it the very next minute. There is no explanation for this kind of fickle mind!
     We sat in Mr. P.'s small, canary carpeted living room, discussed my progress, punctuated in regular intervals by his cat's snorting and snoring. The poor thing adores my counselor and doesn't want to be away from him. 
     It was very hot. The thermometer will get up to 92 degrees F, before it'll decide to go down for the night. I didn't mind the heat. 

     "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses,
let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us"  Heb. 12:1.


     These are the words with which apostle Paul encouraged the Christians to focus on their tasks and find ways to be successful. Further on, he talked about the route of the said "race" being cleared of all obstacles and the runner picking up his garment and tucking it in the rope which held his robe together, so that nothing would be in the way of finishing the race. 
     Am I making any sense? No?
     
     "And have you forgotten the encouraging words God spoke to you as his children? He said,
“My child, don’t make light of the LORD’s discipline,
and don’t give up when he corrects you.
For the LORD disciplines those he loves,
and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.”  Heb. 12-5,6.

     I was so inspired by these words because after all the times, when I failed at some task or venture, God still wants me to succeed, and He provides guidance to people like me, reminding me of the necessity to be focused, organized and disciplined. 
     I Want To Succeed! I want to lose weight and keep it off. I want my writing to be published. Most of all, I want my children and family to be successful in everything that they do, and, if I am the one, who drags them down by my laissez-faire, then I want to do better, so my children will see that, it is more beneficial to be disciplined and organized.






























     

No comments:

Post a Comment